Wednesday 27 September 2017

This Week in Books | 27/09/17


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!


Now: If you saw my Autumn TBR you'll know autumn always puts me in the mood for books set in the 19th century, the gloomier the better, so I'm about to start this 2017 release based on the murder of Charlotte Dymond in Cornwall in 1844. I'm also planning to pick up Gail Carriger's Heartless and Sarah Schmidt's See What I Have Done very soon, and to continue reading Miranda Kaufmann's Black Tudors which I began at the end of last week.

Then: I recently re-read Jane Austen's Persuasion, the book that first introduced me to Austen when I was 18 and subsequently made me hate her, but now that I'm older and my tastes have changed (and my appreciation for Austen has grown) I decided to give it another try and, this time around, I really enjoyed it. I know Natalie @ A Sea Change will be proud. Look out for my review coming soon!

Next: I'm so behind on my NetGalley reads this year and Silvia Moreno-Garcia's third novel, The Beautiful Ones, is one of my most anticipated reads of 2017, so I want to get to it soon and hopefully read and review it before its release. I'm also planning to pick up The Tenant of Wildfell Hall soon to get started on this year's Victober!

What have you been reading recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment