Wednesday 18 January 2017

This Week in Books | 18/01/2017


This week I'm joining in with Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost & Found to talk about the books I've been reading recently!


Now: I received an eARC of Mark Lawrence's latest novel, Red Sister, from NetGalley and I'm starting it today - I want to get to it in plenty of time ahead of its release in April because I can be quite bad at reading the books I get on NetGalley. I haven't read any Mark Lawrence yet but I'm all for a story about assassin nuns, so I'm hoping to enjoy this one.

Then: I read The Fifth Season and I don't think I've recovered yet. What an adventure! I got myself  a copy of The Obelisk Gate after I finished this, but I'm going to give myself a little break before I dive into that one. Look out for my review of The Fifth Season in the next couple of weeks!

Next: After two fantasy books in a row I think I'm going to be in the mood to read something completely different, so I think I'm going to pick up some non-fiction and read Samantha Ellis's new book, Take Courage.. I loved her memoir, How to Be a Heroine (reviewed here), and I love Anne Brontë, so I've been looking forward to this one. I'll see what I'm in the mood to pick up, though, because I still need to read A Closed and Common Orbit and I'd like to read Homegoing soon, too.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment